Thursday, May 31, 2007

The fun never stops

The CIEE semester ends in 10 days, so everyone else is going home soon, so of course we have to have lots of activities together before we part! Monday night I went with Kim to a free Darlene Schzech and Hillsong concert at the theater where the other branch of our church is located. It was super fun and awesome and energizing even though we had to wait in line for like an hour to make sure we got tickets before they ran out. Afterwards we went for Indian food and it was delicious and a good end to a highly satisfying day.

Tuesday night Zub (a nearby club frequented by foreign students) was closing down, so we went to pay our respects by dancing and dancing and dancing some more! My legs are still sore, but it was super fun and I saw tons of people I knew there and it was a happy foreign student time.

Yesterday was chill...I met with my tutor in the evening (I love her! she's so cute! I'll be so sad to leave her and my other Chinese friends) and then met up with my classmates from Hanyu at Pepper, this really chill Korean place, and we just hung out and talked in Chinese a whole bunch and I ate the most bizarrely round and symmetrical onion rings of all time, which were surprisingly delicious. Hooray!

Today my weekend started when I got out of class at noon, so I'm thinking tonight will be another night of dancing and just hanging out with my CIEE friends because the semester is winding down...tomorrow I have to get up early to get out to the Indian embassy (it takes about an hour to get there) so I can apply for my visa since they only accept visa applications 9-11:30 M-F. I really hope the whole thing works out smoothly. After that I need to go shopping for a bigger suitcase, because I have too much stuff to bring home! Even if I threw out everything I brought with me and just filled my suitcase with the things I've bought in China, I still don't know if I'd have enough room. Well, it would be tight, at least. I buy so much stuff but it's all so cheap! How can I resist.

I didn't renew my internet for the month of June because I'm only on campus for 10 more days, so I dunno how often I'll be able to post in the next little while, but I'm sure I'll figure something out, maybe involving internet cafes and whatnot. Hen hao.

No comments: