Monday, April 23, 2007

It's only 9 am

So I can't exactly be sure what kind of day today is going to turn out to be, but I could try to extrapolate from the data I've collected so far. Let's see how things bode:

-it's Monday (does not bode well)
-I successfully woke up early to study some more (bodes well)
-found out that the zipper on my jeans is broken (does not bode well, and I don't even want to think about how it bodes for me to try to find pants in China)
-didn't actually get all the studying done that I needed to (does not bode well)
-got to the test early (bodes well)
-found out that I had somehow put my water bottle in my backpack this morning without a lid on so now all of my books are rather soggy around the edges (does not bode well)
-took my annoying Tingli midterm and forgot a few kind of important things (does not bode well)
-but at least the test was over in half a class period (bodes well, and now I have time to shower, which bodes fantastically)
-still have to do at least 2 Hanyu worksheets and study for 2 quizzes in the time between classes (does not bode well)
-but I have an appointment with my tutor to go bicycle shopping so hopefully I can get a bicycle today! (bodes well, although bicycle shopping is probably taking away from my study/homework time)

Overall, I would say that I am batting maybe .500 today, which is pretty good, if you imagine that life is baseball. And if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take a shower, because I feel being clean and happy will increase the quality of boding that we've got going on today.

UPDATE:
shower: successful
studying for quizzes: successful, and I aced those babies
getting homework done: successful
and most importantly, getting a bicycle: feichang successful!!!

Now the only thing I'm worried about is that my bike will get stolen because it's a pretty decent bike - I had to get a new one because there weren't any secondhand ones this time of the season. Bicycle bicycle bicycle! Wo hen gaoxing!

No comments: