Friday, April 20, 2007

Super Thursday

I really don't mind Thursdays, because after my 2 morning classes it's the weekend! I was going to go somewhere this afternoon, but then I got sleepy and took a nap instead. So it could have been a really unproductive day, except that my evening turned out awesome!!! I went out to eat with my English Corner friends...the English topic was supposed to be Chinese traditional medicine, but we actually didn't talk about it at all. Whoops. We did, however, eat delicious and rather spicy food! I am definitely developing my tolerance for spicy foods here. There was one dish that I tried and then afterwards asked what it was, and it turned out to be congealed pig blood. Mmmm. It's actually not bad, especially if you don't know what you're eating. Hen hao! Also, we played Mafia! It was pretty fun, although it got tricky for me when people were using Chinese, because I can't defend myself very well if I can't even tell why I'm being accused. It was super fun though. Someone had a bottle of China's most famous white wine, and I learned that you can only actually get the real stuff if you work for the government. Oh, China. We played Mafia at the restaurant for a really long time, and then we came back to the office where we meet for English Corner because we were going to play more Mafia, but there weren't enough people so instead we went out to play basketball, and even though I was wearing totally unsuitable shoes, I ended up playing basketball with Chinese friends until after midnight! They are so much fun! So basically, it was a super duper evening that totally redeemed what could have been a day of doing absolutely nothing worthwhile. Wooo! Hen hao!

No comments: