Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back in Beijing

We waited in a really icky crowd for a really long time in the Xi'an train station, and when we finally got on the train I was so wiped out that I took a nap for an hour or so. The trip back was nice (I think the train is all kinds of fun), and I enjoyed Spidermanning up and down the bunk beds some more. At 5:30 am they turned on the lights, and shortly after came around and yelled at us to wake up. It was lovely. Fortunately CIEE gave us all permission slips to miss our 8 am classes. However, I still needed to shower and study and meet with my tutor for an hour and a half and eat before my 12:30 class (we got back to campus around 8)...I couldn't get any work done on the train. So, no rest for me. Fortunately my tutor helped me with my homework and studying, and with the help of coffee I made it through the day. Our Kouyu teacher gave us bananas! Which reminds me that the CIEE teachers also gave us bananas as we were gathering to leave Xi'an (maybe it's a teacher thing), as well as a little souvenir terracotta warrior for everybody. Hooray!

Post-class I picked up my clean laundry and was so massively happy about having clean laundry that I made up a song about it as I walked, in Chinese, to the tune of "Rawhide." This evening I went to hip-hop club (there were 573874891798 bazillion people there this time and they were doing audition-y things for this big performance they're doing in a couple weeks? but I didn't get picked, oh well) and when we came back we had a birthday party for Pei with delicious cake! I ran away when it degenerated into a cake fight, though.

And now, since it's 1:40 am here, I'm finally going to go take a shower, finish my homework/studying, and hit the sack. Tomorrow morning won't be fun, but I only have class in the morning, so after 12 I'm home free! There's going to be some good napping then...feichang hao...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're crazy. How did you make a song about laundry to the tune of Rawhide? That seems kind of tough.

Josh said...

Can you post the words to this song?

Tina said...

oh bexity bex bex, how I miss your henhaoishness sooooo much!!!!