Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Our lovely room

I meant to do this post earlier, but I didn't have the pics to back me up until now. Our room is basically a cheap hotel room with furniture that has been worn in college-student style. We are fortunate to have our own bathroom with a real toilet, although our shower is kind of hilarious - it's like a foot off the ground and the showerhead is so low that I have to get my limbo on in order to wash my hair. The bathroom also contained this amazing little notice about the tap water:

Dear Guest:
The water where inside the tap is hot spring. It is good for your skin, but it can't for drink.
The coldwater in the tap is for drink after boiled it.

Thank you!
Shaoyuan guesthouse

The other really silly feature of our room was the sign I encountered on the nightstand when I moved in:














The irony in the juxtaposition of the ashtray on the nightstand next to the sign made me laugh.

Sorry I haven't posted other pictures so far, but I have them...it's kind of a pain to upload things to photobucket, but I do it just for you. Feel the love. You can look at my other pics at this address: http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/rebekahbex/

Mmmm time to rest up for my last day of classes this week...noon on Thursday my weekend begins! Hen hao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. An ashtray next to a sign that says "No smoking in bed. I don't think many people are tempted to do that anyway.